Why Should You Rent From 1st Avenue Properties?
Thank you for your interest in renting from 1st Avenue Properties. The following should give you a general overview of the rental process. Should you have any questions, please contact our office (208) 947-4607.
Viewing a Unit
- Vacant Unit: A vacant unit can be viewed by contacting our company and making an appointment.
- Occupied Unit: Occupied units require at least a 24 hours notice to the resident prior to showing. Appointments must be made with someone from our office to view the unit. Please allow 24 to 48 hours for scheduling.
- Application: Each prospective adult, 18 years and older, must complete a rental application. Incomplete or inaccurate rental applications can delay or preclude the processing of the application.
- Application Fees: At the time of submission, a processing fee of $45.00 for the first applicant and $45.00 for each additional applicant over the age of 18 must be paid in cash. Sorry, no personal checks will be accepted.
The application fee is non-refundable.
- Application Process It will take approximately three to four working days to process an application. This time may be longer if the application is incomplete or references are difficult to contact. The most qualified applicant will be selected for approval. Qualifications are listed below. If the first choice property is not available, the applicant will be considered for other units at no additional charge for up to sixty days from the date the application was originally submitted.
- Amount of income: Total verifiable gross monthly income of all adult occupants must be at least three times the monthly rental rate. If income is less, the applicant may still be considered if it can be demonstrated that the applicant will be able to meet the rental obligations.
- Employment: The length of time at a job, and/or the stability of other sources of income will be considered.
- References: We reserve the right to check previous rental references. If we receive poor references we may deny the application or require a higher security deposit.
- Credit: We reserve the right to obtain credit information on any applicant. Credit checks may include submission to credit rating services such as TRW, Equifax and Trans Union as well as research of any unlawful detainer action against the applicant. If we receive a poor report we may deny the application or require a higher security deposit. If the applicant has ever been evicted or sued for any lease violation, the application will be rejected.
- Background Check: We reserve the right to obtain any kind of criminal record or conviction.
- Notification: Applicants will be notified by phone as soon as the application has been reviewed. If the application has been approved, applicants will be required to bring in a holding deposit within 24 hours, which must be paid with a cashiers check, money order, or cash
- Move-In: In order to move in, the applicant will be required to meet the following criteria:
- Rental agreement must be signed by all applicants.
- Security Deposit must be paid in full in the form of a cashiers check or money order. NO personal checks will be accepted. First months rent must be paid in full in the form of a cashiers check or money order. The second month will be prorated as noted below, if applicable.
- Responsibility: All residents are responsible for all charges incurred under the terms of the lease.
- Rent: Once an application is approved and the deposit for that property is received, we will hold a unit up to seven (7) days after the previous tenant vacates the property. Rent begins on the date entered on the lease. Rent is due on the first of the month and is late after the fifth day of the month. We do not issue a billing statement for monthly rent. We will accept multiple checks, cashiers checks or money orders as payment. A Three-Day Notice is sent to units with outstanding balances. A $75.00 Three-Day Notice Fee will apply when notice is served. If a check submitted for rent payment is return by the tenants bank for any reason, tenant will be required to pay by cashiers check or money order for the duration of the lease.
- Pro-Rate: Regardless of the number of days during the month, pro-rated rent is calculated by dividing monthly rent by thirty (30). The resulting number (the daily rate) is then multiplied by the number of days the unit will be occupied in the pro-rated month.
- Pets: All pets must be approved in writing in advance with an addendum to the lease. If a pet is approved, there may be an additional non-refundable security deposit. All pet rules will be strictly enforced.
1st Avenue Properties policy does not permit smoking inside our rentals.
1st Avenue Properties does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sex, source of income, sexual orientation or any other form of discrimination prohibited by law.
In this section
Contact Us1st Avenue Properties
342 NE 3rd St.
Meridian, ID 83642
Ph: (208) 947-4607
Fax: (208) 287-8500